Excellence in research and innovation
The College of Science has a diverse portfolio of signature research, scholarship and innovation activities that will allow our College to make fundamental and applied discoveries. We will promote our entire scientific community, including the disciplines of integrative biology, biochemistry and biophysics, chemistry, mathematics, microbiology, physics and statistics.
To support society’s scientific challenges, we are invested in discovery-driven science, and applied and transdisciplinary research.
We will further expand our diverse research portfolio, which includes federally funded centers and scientific expertise in signature areas of:
- BioHealth and biomedical sciences
- Genomics and bioinformatics
- Sustainable materials research
- Climate, marine and coastal sciences
- Quantitative, computational and data sciences
- Science education research